Your life and team collaboration just got easier with Webhooks.
So what exactly is a webhook?
A webhook is a way for an app to provide other applications with real-time information. In our case once you add your webhook url under your account settings we will send real-time information for these events:
- item created
- item viewed
- item shared
- item deleted
How can you use this new feature?
Send a Webhook to Zapier for endless combinations:
- Custom File Storage: Upload files directly to Dropbox, Google Drive, Box
- Social Sharing: Automatically share to Twitter, Linkedin, Facebook
- 3rd Party Video Hosting: Share straight to YouTube, Wistia, Vidyard
- Team Collaboration: Send new content straight to a Slack channel
- Bug and Feature Tracking: Add detailed content descriptions to JIRA and Trello
Here are some steps for how you can set up your webhook in Zight:
- You’ll need to add your webhook URL, which you can get by creating a new ‘Zap’ in Zapier called ‘Catch Hook’.
- After you copy the webhook URL and save it into Zight, test to make sure that the webhook is sent correctly from Zight to Zapier.
- Now that you’re connected and are successfully sending Webhooks, it’s time to upload your content to Dropbox! Add the Dropbox Zap for ‘Upload File’ and make sure to choose the option for direct_link_url in the ‘File’ step to upload the direct link.
And that's it! You can now create Webhooks and share wherever you’d like. This is the first version of Webhooks. Let us know in the comments what you would like to see in upcoming versions. We plan to have a direct Zapier integration soon!
If you need further assistance or have additional questions, we’d be happy to help! Please contact our support team here.