Want to update to the newest version of Zight? We are always releasing new updates and features that help improve your experience while using the app. This article goes over proper steps to take when updating from an older version to the newest release!
Update through your app:
The easiest way to update your application is through your desktop app. You can do this by:
- Opening up your app’s settings
- Under the ‘general’ tab, make sure you have the ‘check for updates’ feature enabled
- Click the ‘check now’ button
There is the case when upgrading from 6.7.0 to 6.7.1 where the app will ask you to choose the application location(its the only time when you
will see that window), please choose "Zight.app" like so:
Or you can update through the web:
Before you download the newest release of Zight from the web, make sure to delete any previous versions currently existing on your desktop. You can review those un-installing instructions below:
1. Fully delete Zight from your computer (you can watch how to do that here).
2. Clear your cache data on your web browser
1. Uninstall Zight
2. Navigate to %localappdata% in your file explorer (you can watch how to do that here).
3. Delete the Zight folder
You can now download the newest release from our downloads page here.
If you need further assistance or have additional questions, we’d be happy to help! Please contact our support team here.