What is Mobile Device Management (MDM)?
Mobile Device Management (MDM) is a technology used to manage, secure, monitor, and support mobile devices deployed across mobile operators, service providers, and enterprises. MDM is crucial in handling the challenges associated with managing the array of mobile devices that connect to enterprise networks, ensuring security and compliance with corporate policies. MDM allows IT administrators to remotely control and enforce policies on smartphones, tablets, and other endpoints, including laptops and desktops in modern contexts.
If your company uses an MDM or Device Management service like Kanji, Hexnode, Jamf, ConnectWise, Esper, Miradore, Rippling, INTune, etc you will need the following links to our apps to be able to automatically install them onto your users computers.
Links to the latest packages for Zight Desktop apps:
- Latest Mac .pkg: https://downloads.zight.com/mac/latest/Zight.pkg
- Latest Mac Zip: https://downloads.zight.com/mac/latest/Zight.zip
- Latest Windows .appInstaller: https://downloads.zight.com/windows/latest/ZightInstall.appinstaller
- Latest Windows .MSI : https://downloads.zight.com/windows/latest/Zight.msi
- Latest Chrome Version: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/ojnikmlgjpfiogeijjkpeakbedjhjcch
Windows MDM install script
Currently, only the .appinstaller application will auto-update without requiring user input. The .msi still requires the user to accept and install.
The following scripts can be used to deploy the .msi package to every user in that machine:
If you are having issues, you can manually run the following on the user's machine remotely:
The above script will save the install log with the current user profile, in the desktop folder, which you can then send us to help you.
If you need further assistance or have additional questions, we’d be happy to help! Please contact our support team here.