Get your message across with the annotation tool! This is how you can easily annotate images and GIFs with lines, pen, shapes, arrows, blurs, emojis, and more.
Select the Annotate icon from the App menu, to capture a screenshot then annotate.
- Arrow tool lets you point towards a specific element on your screen
- The line and pen tool lets you underline or cross out a specific text.
- The highlighter tool emphasizes certain elements of your content.
- Circle and Rectangle tools let you add some shapes around the content you want to highlight.
- You can specify the color as well as the duration on screen: 1, 2, 4 sec, or infinite. Infinite drawings will stay on-screen until your recording is complete. Useful for a design review or a feedback session!
To use these tools, simply select the tool, and then click and drag over the target content. The highlighter tool will draw a straight line from your beginning point and endpoint, for a clean and easy accent. If you find your highlighted portion isn’t according to your wishes, you can click on it to either delete the line or resize it.
To change the size or color of the highlighting function, simply utilize the color and sizing bar in the bottom left, just as you would with other CloudApp annotation tools.
The spotlight circle and rectangle tools enable you to frame and highlight a section inside the shape, by darkening the outside of the shape.
- Edit the font style, size, typeface, and alignment by highlighting the text and clicking
- Change the color of your text by highlighting it, clicking the color dot of the current color, located under the ‘Share’ button, and choosing your color.
- Once you have chosen a color, press the red ‘x’ and the color will appear on the default color palette.
- Under the default colors you can type in a color code by entering the code in the box next to ‘Outline text’
- Click on the rainbow and customize your color via different options such as color wheel, color sliders, color palettes, image palettes, colored pencils
- Click ‘Outline text’ to enable or disable a trimming around the text.
Use the shortcut to automatically open an annotation window after capturing a screenshot
Command + Shift + A
Alt + shift + A
Select the Annotate pencil icon, next to a screenshot, or GIF from the CloudApp menu to open the annotation window.
If you need further assistance or have additional questions, we’d be happy to help! Please contact our support team here.