You’re able to use different link types for any piece of content you create. This article will go over what those different link types are as well as how you can find them for your content.
What do the different link types do?
Zight has two different link types: share and the embed code.
1. Share links: https://share.zight.com/xQubo6Z2
Use a share link when you would like to have an easily viewable page to access the file or image. These also auto-expand/unfurl in apps like Slack and HipChat to display a smaller version of the file in-line.
2. Embed Code:
allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write;
encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture"
An embed code is a piece of html iframe tag that is generated by a third-party website that a user can copy and paste into his or her own webpage. This embedded code shows the same media or feed on the user's web page as it does in the original source.
How to find the different link types:
Finding the different link types is slightly different depending on which client you are using. Mac and Windows users are able to find the share through their application. However, Windows users are currently only able to find the embed code through the viewer page.
- Open your app and click on the three dots next to the content you want to use
- From there, your are able to see the different options to ‘copy link’
- or ‘copy the embed code’, as shown below
You can follow the same steps as outlined above for Mac users to find the ‘share link’.
For the embed code:
- Open the item in the viewer page
- Click on the ‘share’ button and select the embed feature
- Copy the embed code provided
If you need further assistance or have additional questions, we’d be happy to help! Please contact our support team here.