What is Zight Screen Recorder for Slack?
Show your Team and customers what you're seeing with shareable screen recordings - right from Slack!
Create Zight screen recordings right from a Slack Channel
- record full-screen audio & video
- record a specific application window
- up to 4k video quality
- unlimited videos (limited on Free Zight accounts)
- unlimited recording time (limited on Free Zight accounts)
- no other applications or chrome extensions required
- recordings saved and searchable in your Zight account
- each recording has its own unique share URL
Receive your Zight notifications in Slack
- Someone has added a comment
- Someone has mentioned you in a comment
- Someone has watched your video for the first time
- Someone has viewed your link for the first time
- Someone reacted to your video or screenshot
- Your link has been viewed 5 times
Getting Started with Zight Screen Recorder for Slack
There are a few ways you can get started by installing Zight Screen Recorder in your Slack Workspace.
- Slack App Directory
- App Installation Link
- In your Slack Workspace, in the apps channel, search for "Zight" and click the "Add" button to install it
Authorize Zight to connect with Slack
Adding Zight Screen Recorder to your Slack Workspace is a two-step process. Once you click "Add to Slack", Slack will request permission for Zight to access your Slack Workspace.
Sign in or create a Zight account
Once permission is granted, you are required to sign in or create a Zight account. If you are already signed in to Zight then this step will be skipped.
Connecting your Zight account with Slack
After signing in to your Zight account, you will be requested to connect your Zight account with Slack. Click "Allow access" to continue.
After allowing access, you will be prompted to open Zight Screen Recorder in Slack
In your Slack Workspace, you should see a Slack channel labeled "Zight", located under the Apps section.
Connecting your Zight account with Slack (pre-installed on Slack Workspace)
How to start a Zight screen recording in Slack
There are two ways to start a screen recording in Slack
- Slack Slash Command
- "More Actions" menu
Starting a Zight screen recording using Slack's Slash Command shortcut
1. In a Slack conversation, enter the following slash command in the compose text area: `/Zight` and hit 'enter' on your keyboard or click the send message button
2. A Slack Bot message should appear. Click the button 'Click to start recording'
3. In your web browser, accept Camera & Microphone permissions
4. Click the button 'Record screen as video'
5. Choose your screen or application window to begin the recording countdown
Why is the Zight Slash Command not available?
If you need further assistance or have additional questions, we’d be happy to help! Please contact our support team here.